Now that the results of the public consultation held throughout July 2021 are known the Neighbourhood Plan will be updated and the following process will commence.
- Regulation 14 Consultation (Pre-Submission Draft NP).
- Agree a 6 week (minimum) consultation period
- BDC will contact statutory bodies within this period to obtain their comments
- PC/SG: publish the draft NP on our website and invite comments
- SurveyMonkey: encourage residents to respond to each of our policies using an online survey tool
- SEA / HRA: BDC to produce Screening Assessment of Draft NP and undertake consultation with statutory bodies (Environment Agency, Historic England, and Natural England).
- Preparation of Submission NP.
- PC/SG consider all of the comments received during the consultation and decide if and how to amend NP in response.
- HM to produce accompanying Consultation Statement and Basic Conditions Statement.
- Regulation 15 (Formal submission):
- PC agree the NP and submit it to BDC.
- Regulation16 Consultation (Submission NP):
- BDC undertake six week (minimum) consultation with the public and statutory bodies to inform the examination.
- BDC appoint an independent examiner (with assistance from PC / SG).
- Independent examiner assesses the NP by written reps. Additional questions may be posed to BDC or the PC / SG, as required.
- Examination Report published, identifying any modifications required.
- Approval of Examination Report by BDC Full Council (pending timetable of meetings)
- Enabling modifications to be made and a referendum to be scheduled.
SG = Steering Group
HM = Helen Metcalfe
BDC = Bassetlaw District Council
PC= Parish Council